To view the schedule for VSA Nevada’s open-to-the-public workshops/camps for children or adults and for registration information, please click on the applicable links on the right.
VSA Nevada provides opportunities to experience art for ALL people of ALL abilities. This includes workshops in schools, hospitals, after-school settings, VA facilities and a year-round open-to-the-public workshop and camp program at affordable rates.
Please visit specific areas listed on the right for additional information.
- Art workshops/camps for kids (ages 3 – 14) at the Lake Mansion in Reno, Alf Sorensen Community Center in Sparks and after-school art workshops at Caughlin Ranch, Double Diamond, Gomm, Huffaker, Jesse Hall, Van Gorder and Westergard Elementary Schools. 100% scholarships are offered based on need.
- Art workshops for adults (ages 15 plus) at the Lake Mansion in Reno. 100% scholarships are offered based on need.
- VSA Nevada’s free “Youth Art Month Festival” in March and the “Lake Mansion Jingles with Art and History” for the winter with hands-on art workshops, face painting, tours of the mansion and more.
- Art birthday parties for children. Celebrate birthdays at the Lake Mansion’s “Art Happens Here Studio” .
- Build your corporate team with an art workshop in VSA Nevada’s “Art Happen Here Studio” at the Lake Mansion.
- Visit VSA Nevada’s “Art Access Gallery” at the Lake Mansion to enjoy and purchase artwork created by over 20 artists who have a disability.
- Tour the Lake Mansion, “Reno’s First Address” housing VSA Nevada’s administrative offices, “Art Happen Here” Studio and the “Art Access Gallery“.
- Attend cultural performances in the Reno area that have American Sign Language Interpreters provided by VSA Nevada.
- Attend Artown’s “Discover the Arts” program in July at the Lake Mansion.
- Rent the Lake Mansion and adjacent Garden Pavilion for your meeting or special event.
- Purchase a “Rich and Art” license plate.
- Attend special events, exhibits and fundraisers throughout the year at the Lake Mansion and other venues.
FOR SPECIFIC POPULATIONS (over 3,000 workshops annually in 100 different locations)
- Free year-round art workshops for adults with intellectual disabilities at the Lake Mansion in Reno and with the City of Sparks “Leisure without Limits” program at the Larry D. Johnson Community Center.
- 1,000 workshops in 33 schools, 55 special education classrooms in Washoe and Carson City School Districts.
- Three day festival for children at Lovelock Elementary School.
- After-school and summer workshops/camps for children who are low-income, at-risk or have other special needs.
- Numerous workshops in Washoe County general education classrooms.
- Workshops in nursing homes and senior facilities in Reno, Sparks, Carson City and Las Vegas.
- Weekly workshops for children who are hospitalized.
- Weekly workshops for adults in outpatient treatment facilities.
- City of Reno Police/Firefighter’s holiday party for youth in transition.
Please see a more extensive list of programs under the “Additional VSA Nevada Programs” link. For additional information concerning specific VSA Nevada programs, please contact VSA Nevada’s Program Director at 775-826-6100, ext. 2# or firstname.lastname@example.org.