YES, I want to support VSA Nevada in providing arts and education opportunities and increasing access to the arts for all! YES, I want to support VSA Nevada at the Lake Mansion in preserving the Lake Mansion as a year-round cultural and community facility while providing a location for VSA Nevada activities. If you have a preference, please let us know how you would like your donation used for VSA Nevada programs and/or the Lake Mansion or a specific program or activity.
VSA arts of Nevada was incorporated in the state of Nevada in 1986 for charitable purposes to provide access to the arts for ALL Nevadans. As an IRS approved 501.c.3 tax exempt charity (EIN 94-3030518), your donation to VSAN may be tax -deductible. Please check with your accountant.
NEW! Please click on the secure link above or download a printer friendly version of the form that can be mailed, dropped off or faxed to VSA. Donation form Send a check payable to VSAN to 250 Court St., Reno NV 89501 or stop by the mansion with a check/credit card/cash, we would love to say THANK YOU in person. If you have a special request or need, please call us at 775-826-6100, ext. 1# for our Executive Director or email@example.com.
How is your dollar used? We take great pride in stretching every dollar. We know you have a choice in giving and have put your trust in us to use your donation wisely. From purchasing art supplies to paying the Lake Mansion’s electric bill, your donation will go a long way. Here’s sample of how your donation may be spent.
- $10 buys 2 sets of watercolor paint, 4 paint brushes, or 10 rolls of paper towels.
- $25 at this level and above, you are a “Friend of VSA Nevada” and will receive invitations to receptions and events.
- $50 matches funds to conduct art workshops in the pediatric unit for hospitalized children or in after-school programs for youth at-risk.
- $100 matches funds to conduct workshops in nursing homes or at the VA Hospital.
At the $100 level and above, you receive a 10% discount on all VSAN adult/child workshops and camps for one year for your immediate family.
- $250 provides 4 scholarships for children and adults to attend a VSA Nevada workshops or 4-5 day art camp.
- $500 matches funds to conduct workshops in self-contained special education classrooms.
At the $500 level and above, at your request, you receive a private tour of the Lake Mansion and recognition on VSA Nevada’s website.
- ? Any amount you provide is graciously accepted and needed. Thank you!
There are many ways to partner with VSA Nevada in providing additional arts opportunities for ALL or helping preserve the historic Lake Mansion.
- CASH/CHECK/CHARGE DONATION – any amount is appreciated!
- CASH/CHECK/CHARGE DONATION - to celebrate a loved one’s special event (birthday, anniversary, wedding)
- CASH/CHECK/CHARGE DONATION - in memory of a loved one’s life
- GRANTS – Corporate or Foundation, please contact the Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org, 826-6100, ext. 1#
- IN-KIND SERVICES - see our Wish List below. We are always open to ideas.
- IN-KIND MATERIALS - see our Wish List below. We are always open to ideas.
- RICH IN ART license plate http://www.dmvnv.com/platescharitable.htm and see below.
- FUNDRAISERS- throughout the year VSA Nevada participates in several fundraisers. These include: Macy’s Community Shopping Day ($10 tickets), Connections yART Sale the third Saturday in July (20% of all sales to VSA Nevada), the Annual Flint Street Festival in July, the River Walk Merchants Wine Walk in July, the Reno-Tahoe Open “Chip In For Charities” event ($20 vouchers good for any day of the August event at Montreux-$15 of proceeds donated to VSA Nevada) and Holiday Art Mart.
- RENT the LAKE MANSION or adjacent enclosed GARDEN PAVILION for your special event or meeting.
- ART PARTIES at the LAKE MANSION - Have your child’s (or your) Birthday Party or corporate team building event in our “Art Happens Here” Studio.
- SPECIAL EVENTS - do you have a special event in mind to assist VSA Nevada – restaurant openings, store openings, golf tournaments or other sporting events? Let’s talk!
- SHARE! If you had a good experience with VSA Nevada/Lake Mansion, please let others know. ”Word of mouth” is the best communicator.
- MAKE A BEQUEST - Leave a gift to VSA arts of Nevada through your will. Bequests
- RETIREMENT PLAN GIFTS – Name VSA arts of Nevada as a beneficiary. Retirement Plan Gifts
- ENDOWMENTS – VSA arts of Nevada has an endowment fund through the Community Foundation of Western Nevada (CFWN) Endowment
VSA Nevada’s Wishlist
We greatly appreciate any useful donations. Here is a list of some of the things we always need. Your donation makes a difference in keeping expenses to a minimum. Please call before dropping off any materials to make sure we are here and able to use your donation.
- Pens, pencils, staplers/staples, paper clips, etc.
- Sharpie markers (black and color)
- Glue Sticks
- Paper towels
- Clorox wipes
- Laundry detergent (liquid, preferably eco-friendly) for our aprons and smocks
- Toilet paper
- Liquid soap
Art materials (please call, 826-6100, ext. 2# for our Program Director)
- General Landscaping
- General Cleaning/Maintenance
- Handyman/Carpentry Services
- Plumbing and Electric Services
- Window Washing
- IT assistance
- Marketing assistance
- Let us know your specialty!
Gift Certificates and/or Raffle/Silent Auction Items:
- Gift Certificates from restaurants, salons, spas, clothing and/or jewelry stores, or any type of store. We would use these for raffles/silent auctions to raise money for the VSA.
- Gift baskets, jewelry, artwork, beauty products, stationery, etc.
“Rich in Art” License Plate
In 1997, with the assistance Nevada Assemblywoman Vonne Chowning, Nevada Arts Council and VSA Nevada partnered to developed the “Rich in Art” license plate to raise funds for children’s art programming in Nevada and to raise awareness of the importance of arts in Nevada for ALL.
Many VSA Nevada program are funded by your purchase of the “Rich in Art” (children in the arts) license plate. These programs include: workshops in self-contained and general education classrooms, a Firefighter’s party for homeless youth, after-school programs for children and more.
“It’s not an education without the Arts ~ TM”. Nevada’s first Arts License Plate is available at DMV field offices statewide. The plate, designated by DMV as the “Children in the Arts” license plate, is available in a standard or personalized format.
If you are interested in a standard format, the initial cost will be $51 dollars, with an annual renewal fee of $20 in addition to all other registration fees. For a personalized plate, the initial cost will be $86, with an annual renewal fee of $40 in addition to all other registration fees.
Now for the good news! $15 of the initial fee and $10 from each renewal supports VSA Nevada and NV Arts Council children’s art programming in Nevada. For more information, please call the Nevada Arts Council, 775.687-6680 or visit the DMV web site at:http://www.dmvnv.com/platescharitable.htm or contact DMV&PS Special Plates, 555 Wright Way, Carson City, NV 89711-0875 1-877-368-7828 Toll Free (775) 684-4750 Direct Line
Not sure where your nearest full service DMV is located? Click here http://www.dmvnv.com/locat.htm
Thank you so much for any help you are able to give. We hope to see you at one of our art workshops, camps or events allowing you to see your donation in action!